Standard 11 Surface & Underground Refresher
RIIGOV201E Comply with site work processes & procedures
RIIWHS201E Work safely & follow WHS policies & procedures
RIICOM201E Communicate in the workplace
RIIRIS201E Conduct Local Risk Control
RIIERR205D Apply Initial Response First Aid
RIIERR302E Respond to local emergencies & incidents
RIIERR203E Escape from hazardous situations unaided
This course is a refresher course for a Standard 11 Surface and Underground induction.
6 surface units &
1 underground unit,
Refresher or RPL (Recognition of Prior Learning)
- Hierarchy of legislation and other procedures that apply in the coal mining industry
- Pre-shift requirements and processes
- Notification and reporting requirements
- Interpreting mine plans
- Communication and receiving instructions
- Workplace requirements for PPE and Fit For Work
- Manual handling techniques
- Vehicular interaction, isolation and tagging procedures
- Identifying hazards and managing risk
- Environmental responsibilities, emergency actions and evacuation
- Initial response first aid, fire theory and extinguishing fires
- Various other specific requirements to manage high risk activities onsite
- Underground mining methods
- Underground emergencies & evacuation processes
- Underground specific processes including strata control, ventilation, gases, self rescuers & communication devices
Must provide evidence of working in the coal mining industry for the past 5 years or currently hold these competencies.
Low level of literacy, numeracy and writing skills
(sufficient for reading, communicating with co-workers and filling out paperwork)
Book your training now!
If you want more information please phone our office.